Tax planning should be a year-round activity, but it is particularly important for you, your family and your business to maximise your available opportunities as the tax year draws to a close. Consider the following:
- Make the best use of your annual ISA allowance
- Maximise your pension by fully utilising your allowance
- Make use of previous unused pension allowances
- Consider Inheritance Tax gifting
- Invest for a child in a Junior ISA or a pension using your gifting allowance
- Take advantage of the annual Capital gains Tax exemption by realising gains of £12,000 in this tax year (make use of tax-free inter spouse transfers)
The value of an investment with St. James’s Place will be directly linked to the performance of the funds you select, and the value can therefore go down as well as up. You may get back less than you invested.
The levels and bases of taxation, and reliefs from taxation, can change at any time. The value of any tax relief generally depends on individual circumstances.
If you would like to start a conversation about how we can help you, your family and your business address any of the above points, do not hesitate to contact us.